Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm a lazy bastard!

After much lazing about for the past couple of weeks focusing on "me" time, I've decided to return to you! I won't say there hasn't been much going on, just nothing that I'd say was earth shattering.

First, I did go to Korean BBQ with my student and found that he bucks most Japanese stereotypes about older Japanese people. He IS indeed pretty conservative, but not in the paying-for-the-$50-dollar-lunch-you-invited-me-to department. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a date, but usually when a Japanese person (especially a Japanese student who's pretty much getting a free English lesson with their lunch) invits you to a lunch there's somewhat of a protocol for them to pay. I brought money just in case and I'm glad I did because he might be one of the cheapest men I've ever met. Except where it comes to ordering almost everything on the menu. I have to admit that usually I'm pretty fine with living it up with a somewhat pricey meal, but it was the last week before my first real paycheck and I had all but spent almost all the money I had for the month. So needless to say I was somewhat annoyed when he only pulled out money enough for half the bill. D'oh!

Anyway, the meal was pretty good and somewhat interesting in that I had never eaten so much raw meats in my life. Of course, one of them was an accident, or really my host mistaking raw pork belly (supposed to be cooked) with raw beef (what I was SUPPOSED to eat). Eventually I got the raw beef too (and it was delicious), but eating raw pork belly was like chewing gum and then swallowing- blech! It made eating it cooked unappetizing as cooked pork belly doesn't really lose it's chewiness.

The weird part: I thought I would be horrified at eating such things, but now I'm like "Bring it ON, bitches!" I can't wait to go to SE Asia and eat some fucking BUGS! Except cockroaches, of course....disgusting fuckers....

I have resigned myself to being a better blogger- more comedy of errors to come...

and...

YES! Finally, Cracked has gotten on the bandwagon of stars in Japanese commercials! Although no sign of TLJs:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17080_8-humiliating-japanese-ads-starring-oscar-nominees.html

No comments: