Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FU V-Day!

First of all, I hope no one ACTUALLY took my 25 "random" things post seriously. I read a couple of online articles discussing the "viral" Facebook 25 random things about you and "Hey! Pass it along, friend" message that has been circulating for a few weeks now. I just don't happen to think that too much of a person's life is THAT random. Unless you're Donnie Darko...

Anyway, this week was kind of fun for me (even though I'm single this Valentine's Day) because I've been using work as a good outlet for romantic frustrations. Don't worry, dear readers, because I am NOT having a pity party. In fact, I find life in Japan to be pretty good so far for no other reason than I am making a livable wage for once. But it's been good to create some cute little hearts with my kids for Valentine's Day. My job has been pretty flexible with allowing me to use some of my creative imagination in my lesson planning and that will be my saving grace with teaching English and teaching in general (I hope). It definitely breaks up the monotony of just teaching lessons and playing target-themed games (the target is teacher speak for teaching the students about a certain subject for the class time aka today we will learn about zoo animals or today we'll learn about passive voice, etc). I think that crafts are a great way for me to get out some energy when the lesson planning gets too boring for my taste.

SO I've decided to add another hobby: sewing! Yay! Wait! WHAT? Sewing, but Suzanne, you HATE domestic shit? Yeah, I do, but after shopping around Tokyo for clothing, the largest size is a 10 (not quite there yet) and everything else that would fit me is for those with child. So after I receive my next paycheck I will be shopping for a sewing machine to make some (maybe) cool summer dresses that will fit me, since all the Japanese skinny bitch clothes will not.

I HAVE been a regular member of the gym since joining and tonight when I was about to walk out the door I noticed a ballet class that looks pretty awesome- yeah! ballet at the gym!

By the way, I've gotten to watch some Japanese TV as a result of being a somewhat captive audience at the gym (my TV at home has been stored away safely to make room on my desk for my trusty laptop). One commercial I saw last night that almost made me fall of the Elliptical machine shows a Japanese man about to kiss a Japanese woman, but as she closes her eyes we see him get close and then move slowly downward off screen right next to her. Then her eyes pop open in surprise- OMG! he's eating my ramen Cup of Noodles...Priceless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Tommy Lee, like, some kind of twisted national hero there? What is UP?

femmefatale said...

OMG! Boss Coffee Rainbow!!!

library_diva77 said...

Yeah, the TLJ thing has taken me by surprise too- who'd ever think his pockmarked face would be some kind of guru here? Although Bill Murray...