Saturday, March 7, 2009

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme...

No, I'm not high or on LSD, but I AM pissed that my Japanese reading ability still sucks. Basically, I am living in the apartment of the teacher before me named Marin. She was great from what I hear and was very sweet to leave a lot of stuff here for me as I would have had to buy it all when I moved here. Above the kitchen sink is a small cabinet with spices she bought and many that I have since tried. So one of the bottles had a label that said in English "mint, parsley, thyme" and I was excited to add it to my pasta one night. It was liquidy and easy to spread in with my sauce. Once I started eating an obnoxiously clean taste rose in my mouth- WTF?! SOAP! Marin had put her mint, parsley, thyme dish soap in with the spices before she left. Yay pasta bubbles!

In a related non-Japanese reading story I also dyed my hair for the first time since moving here and let me just say that blond for the Japanese is Village of the Damned hair for Suzanne. It will fucking blind you! I am now speaking from experience...

2 comments:

teh big geek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teh big geek said...

Will you still be my friend if I tell you that pasta bubbles was way funny?

I had to post this twice because I had beer for dinner and there were way too many typos to allow in the first attempt